Venue: Faculty of Hospitality Management and Catering Technology
Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, New BEL Road,
M S Ramaiah Nagar, Bangalore,
Karnataka has been a frontrunner in promoting organics and millets nationally and globally. The Government held three successful events in 2017, 2018 and 2019. The fourth edition of this mega event, “Millets & Organics – International Trade Fair 2023” will be held from 20-22 January 2023 at Tripuravasini, Palace Ground, Bengaluru. As a pre-event, Smart Food Culinary Symposium on Millets 2023 is organized by Department of Agriculture, Government of Karnataka in association with Faculty of Hospitality Management and Catering Technology Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru.
· Chefs and Food & Beverage Managers of star hotels
· Proprietors, managers and chefs of standalone restaurants
· Members of South India Chef’s Association (SICA)
· Members of Indian Federation of Culinary Associations (IFCA)
· Members of Bruhat Bangalore Hotels Association (BBHA)
· Industrial, hospital and institutional canteen operators
· Packaged food business entrepreneurs
· Chefs from Hotel Management and Culinary institutes
· Food bloggers
Aim –to discuss the most effective ways to introduce millets into menus of commercial establishments, create trends and influence consumers.
Outcomes of Culinary Symposia held in 2018 and 2019
a. Millet dishes were introduced into
· A la carte menus of restaurants (star hotels and standalone restaurants)
· Buffet menus of restaurants (star hotels and standalone restaurants
· Industrial canteen menus
· Hospital menus
b. Microbreweries introduced millet beers
c. Hospitality management institutes added use of millet dishes into their curriculum
Need for Smart Food Culinary Symposium – 2023
There is further scope for inclusion of millet dishes in menus of various food and beverage outlets. There is a need to create greater awareness among food and beverage operators and consumers regarding the use and benefits of nutricereal grains. It would be beneficial to demonstrate the processing of raw grains, preparation and presentation of exotic millet dishes.
Agenda – Discussion:
· Inclusion of millets in menus of food and beverage outlets
· Awareness on the Organics and Millets International Trade Fair 2023
· Role of food and beverage fraternity in promotion of millets
Display and demonstration of dishes made with millets
Faculty of Hospitality Management and Catering Technology (FHMCT) has a team of competent chefs who will prepare and showcase around 50 traditional and innovative dishes with the different varieties of millets, served in a village ambience.
Smart Food Culinary Symposium on Millets 2023 @ Hospitality Management and Catering Technology Institute, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences